ChangeSprout Inc. Contributor License Agreement
You accept and agree to the following terms and conditions for Your present and future Contributions submitted to ChangeSprout Inc. In return, ChangeSprout Inc. shall not use Your Contributions in a way that is contrary to the public benefit. Except for the license granted herein to ChangeSprout Inc. and recipients of software distributed by ChangeSprout Inc., You reserve all right, title, and interest in and to Your Contributions.
- "You" (or "Your") shall mean the copyright owner or legal entity authorized by the copyright owner that is making this Agreement with ChangeSprout Inc. For legal entities, the entity making a Contribution and all other entities that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with that entity are considered to be a single Contributor. For the purposes of this definition, "control” means (i) the power, direct or indirect, to cause the direction or management of such entity, whether by contract or otherwise, or (ii) ownership of fifty percent (50%) or more of the outstanding shares, or (iii) beneficial ownership of such entity.
- "Contribution" shall mean the translations and/or documentation, including any modifications or additions to an existing work, that is intentionally submitted by You to ChangeSprout Inc. for inclusion in, or documentation of, any of the products owned or managed by ChangeSprout Inc. (the "Work"). For the purposes of this definition, "submitted" means any form of electronic, verbal, or written communication sent to ChangeSprout Inc. or its representatives, including but not limited to communication on electronic mailing lists, localization software, and issue tracking systems that are managed by, or on behalf of, ChangeSprout Inc. for the purpose of discussing and improving the Work, but excluding communication that is conspicuously marked or otherwise designated in writing by You as "Not a Contribution."
2. Grant of Copyright License. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, You hereby grant to ChangeSprout Inc. and to recipients of software distributed by ChangeSprout Inc. a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable copyright license to reproduce, prepare derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, and distribute Your Contributions and such derivative works.
3. Grant of Patent License. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, You hereby grant to ChangeSprout Inc. and to recipients of software distributed by ChangeSprout Inc. a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable (except as stated in this section) patent license to make, have made, use, offer to sell, sell, import, and otherwise transfer the Work, where such license applies only to those patent claims licensable by You that are necessarily infringed by Your Contribution(s) alone or by combination of Your Contribution(s) with the Work to which such Contribution(s) were submitted. If any entity institutes patent litigation against You or any other entity (including a cross-claim or counterclaim in a lawsuit) alleging that your Contribution, or the Work to which you have contributed, constitutes direct or contributory patent infringement, then any patent licenses granted to that entity under this Agreement for that Contribution or Work shall terminate as of the date such litigation is filed.
4. Legal Right. You represent that You are legally entitled to grant the above license.You represent that You are legally entitled to grant the above license. You represent further that each employee of the Corporation designated by You is authorized to submit Contributions on behalf of the Corporation.
5. Orginality. You represent that each of Your Contributions is Your original creation (see section 7 for submissions on behalf of others).
6. No Support You are not expected to provide support for Your Contributions, except to the extent You desire to provide support. You may provide support for free, for a fee, or not at all. Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, You provide Your Contributions on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied, including, without limitation, any warranties or conditions of TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
7. Others' Work Should You wish to submit work that is not Your original creation, You may submit it to ChangeSprout Inc. separately from any Contribution, identifying the complete details of its source and of any license or other restriction (including, but not limited to, related patents, trademarks, and license agreements) of which you are personally aware, and conspicuously marking the work as "Submitted on behalf of a third-party: [named here]".
8. Future Notices It is your responsibility to notify ChangeSprout Inc. when any change is required to the list of designated employees authorized to submit Contributions on behalf of the Corporation, or to the Corporation's Point of Contact with ChangeSprout Inc.